UX/UI JourneyMentored by Carri Craver
During my exploration I’ve discovered what I would be interested in pursuing; a product management or product owner position. I’ve also discovered that many of these proffesionals had a lot of experience in UX/UI design which is also another marketable hard skill. With this knowledge in mind, I’ve decided to embark on a journey to develop myself in this area. I was also graced with the opportunity to have Carri Craver as a mentor.
We’ve moved into coordinating my design work over Zeplin. Right now, the main project I’ve decided to pursue is The Social Thread. Check out the link to follow my progress.
- Continue reading best practices for UI elements in Polaris
- Read voice and tone guidelines for MailChimp and material design
- Check out slideshow by Stephen Anderson called Stop doing what you’re told.
- Rewrite your problem/solution statements based on what you learned in slideshow.
- Pick core value screen for your app idea. Start designing. Do at least 2 versions of that screen. 5 is better.
- Show that to 4 people for feedback.
- Design Ops – Download Polaris by Shopify. Study the best practices of elements. Find one thing you would improve.
- Design task- Using Polaris design system elements design login, sign, and password reset for your app
- (completed) Book – Inspired by Marty Cagan- teaches you the roles on the team
- (completed) Article – [Meetup: A use case](https://uxdesign.cc/
- (completed) Video – [Inline Validation in Forms](https://www.lukew.com/
ff/entry.asp?1870) Luke W is the form expert. There are more videos on this topic I need to gather.
- (completed) Write a problem/solution statement for your app idea
- Artboards – learn about them inside and out. – including all shortcut keys
- only use shortcut keys for moving between layers and renaming them by end of the week.
- AirBnb – Inspire